Wednesday 12 March 2014

Fia Fia 2014


Have you ever been in a Fia Fia performance before? Well recently Pt England school have been practicing for a new 2014 Fia Fia. I have the job of picking up all the junior students who are in my group. I also bring them with me to our group practices. I’m in the Tongan boys group.

The main reason why I wanted to be in this group is because I am Tongan and I like learning about my culture. Our tutor is a man called Mr Lofi and our teacher is Mr J. We are doing a traditional dance, a Tongan war dance. Mr Lofi will be drumming.

The practices start at 2:00 and end at 3:00. So It takes one hour. We practice every week on Thursday. I love practicing!

The groups are Niuean, Tongan, Jump Jap, Samoan, Asian, Kapa Haka, Hip Hop, Bollywood, Cook Island and Fijian. There are so many groups! Some groups are modern and contemporary and some are traditional.

Fia Fia will be held at Pt England school on the top field. Mr J will be creating an even bigger stage than last year. Last year we held a 2013 Fia Fia and the stage was quite big but this year the stage will be even bigger.

I have been loving our Fia Fia practices and I’m really looking forward to our Fia Fia. If you want, you can even come and watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment